Work smart, have fun and make an impact
EcoVadis is the leading provider of business sustainability ratings. Our solutions are backed by an international team of experts and powerful technology. We analyze data and build sustainability scorecards that give companies actionable insights into their environmental, social and ethical risks.
Why apply to EcoVadis? Be a part of the global sustainability change in business. Grow your career. Work with extraordinary people. Feel valued for your contribution.
Learn more about our team and culture on EcoVadis careers page. If you have questions about the company or open roles you can chat with an insider.
EcoVadis seeks a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our new Barcelona branch of our highly successful Sales Team.
Sales Development Representatives are responsible for generating new opportunities through inbound activities on Marketing Qualified Leads and outbound activities on target accounts. SDRs are accountable for the sales process until the stage “New Opportunity”, when an opportunity is created and handed over to an Account Executive (AE).
Target market: large companies based in the DACH region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Generating new business opportunities to fuel revenue for EcoVadis,
Scheduling discovery calls for Account Executives,
- Conducting high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (Directors of Sustainability or Procurement) in Target Accounts,
- Evangelizing the importance of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility for the supply chain,
- Leveraging your teammates (Marketing and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies and messaging in order to drive opportunities in regional areas,
- Maintaining an activity volume of 50+ calls/emails per day with the intent to qualify leads and create pipeline growth,
- Meeting or exceeding your quota,
- Staying up to date on industry trends and competition,
- Recording and documenting all calls and communications in Salesforce.com in order to identify trends for improvement,
- Monitoring social networks such as Linkedin for sales opportunities and leads,
- Reporting on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative.
You must have an outgoing personality along with an exceptional level of drive and a desire to learn new skills and to build a career in sales and marketing. You should have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 4-year college degree in business or sustainability related areas,
- At least 1 year of experience working in on of the following functions/areas: Sales, CSR, Sustainability, HSQE, Procurement, Environment and Human Rights,
- Evidence that you are a top performer in your current role,
- autonomous and self-driven,
- Fluency in German (C2 or native) and advance English (B2) is a must to be eligible for this role,
- Knowledge of the DACH region’s corporate business culture,
- Passion about Sustainability and willingness to pursue a career in both Sustainability and Sales,
- Superior communication skills and the ability to build rapport,
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks,
- Ability to work well in an international startup team environment.
If you think that you are interested, please do not forget to tell us more about yourself in a cover letter!
Our hiring team looks forward to reviewing your CV with a guaranteed response to every application. A new job with purpose awaits you!
Don’t fit all the criteria but still think you’d be a good candidate? Please apply anyway to give our hiring team the opportunity to assess your skills and to learn more about what you could bring to EcoVadis. We’re interested in hiring capable people, regardless of professional and educational background.
Can the hiring process be adjusted to suit my needs? Yes. We want everyone going through the hiring process with EcoVadis to feel confident that you are able to demonstrate your full potential. We welcome applications from disabled people, people with long-term health conditions and neurodiverse candidates. If you need any adjustments, please let the hiring team know.
Our team’s strength comes from everyone’s uniqueness and is founded upon mutual respect. EcoVadis commits to equity and inclusion and does not accept any form of discrimination based on color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, beliefs, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, disability, parental status, or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique.
The World's Most Trusted Business Sustainability Ratings